While designing your windows, you should give special care and attention to the window glass. With the right kind of window glass, you can give a new and fashionable look to any room in your house.
The most important thing about your windows design is that they should add to the beauty of your room and not over power it.
Here are some common mistakes made while choosing window glass for homes:
1. Too dark: The window glass should not be too dark in color because it might make your room look very dark and gloomy. If you want to reduce the excess sunlight, then you should try to use the reflective glass that keeps the sun’s heat and harmful rays out, while allowing the light to go inside the room.
2. Wrong color: The color of the window glass should match the entire room. You can use different combination and mix-match the shades, but the make sure that the color doesn’t clash with or over powers the furniture and upholstery in the room.
3. Bad pattern: When you will go to the window glass store, the salesperson may try to sell you many “unique” and “latest” designs. Always remember that salesperson try to push on the designs which give them the greatest profit. But you should always choose a pattern that suits your house and looks beautiful. Don’t go by the latest trend or what the salesperson says.
4. Fragile built: This is really important, especially if you have small children at home. The glass should be strong enough to take impact and not shatter easily. A fragile window mirrors cannot only be a waste of money, but can also prove to be dangerous for you and your family.
These days, stain glass windows are extremely popular. They not only look good on normal windows, but are also a great accessory for French windows and room partitions. You can install a glass window anywhere you want to create some partition, without making the space look closed and dark. A stain glass window allows some light to go through, while creating a clear partition.
Here are some places where you can use glass window partitions:
1. In offices – To create partition between to work stations or between office and pantry.
2. In homes – To create partition within the living room or to provide ambiance and decorative look to a dull room.
There are more use of window glasses than you can think of. All you need is to just use your imagination.